We clean our house, the car, our hair, our ski but when do we clean our body internally?
Detoxification is a amazing way to flush out the old and harmful elements and clean our body's systems so it has the ability to fight germs, bacteria and diseases.
Because a Detox diet can help remove these harmful substances. It is these substances along with junk food and poor lifestyles that fill our body with rubbish leaving us feeling sluggish, ill and plugged up!
|Little Jasmine Therapies and Spa in Brighton|
Who Needs to Detox?
Almost everyone could receive health benefits from a Detox diet. Individuals who are in greater need are ones that are over weight, eat unhealthily, are exposed frequently to heavy metals such as lead, mercury, nickel, cadmium, aluminium and arsenic, taking medication or suffering from a disease.
Foods to Eat While Detoxifying Your Precious Engine:
- Fruits! Whether they are fresh, frozen, dried or in natural syrup they will pump goodness into your body.
- Green Vegetables. Especially Broccoli, sprouts and spinach. Fresh or frozen put them in everything; salads, pasta dishes or just as a snack.
- Garlic. Throughout the years garlic has been purifying bodies. Add it to all your dinner dishes just make sure you have some chewing gum to cover up the smell!
- Lemons. These help transform toxins into water based soluble, making them easier for the body to get rid of.
- Water. Keeps the body hydrated and helps flush everything out.
- Beans. These are a great source of protein and energy.
- Nuts and Seeds. Try to stick to unsalted.
Foods to Avoid as much as possible
- Red Meat
- Dairy Products
- Junk Food
By doing a one or two day Detox fast of just water, fruits and vegetables once a month you will immediately feel the health benefits. More energy, and the ability to stay focused, build a resilient immune system, develop healthy eating habits and go regularly. Combined with regular massage treatments that assist in the detox process,it can help speed up the healing benefits.
If you are considering a Detox diet and have medical problems first consult with your health care provider.
As you progress on a Detox diet please remember that you might feel some discomfort such as headaches, cramps or gas, as you are expelling the bad stuff from your system. The side effects though are short lived and are replaced by long lasting health benefits.